Venjamin Ivanovich inertly reproached. Stanislav Zinovevich as it is languid otbrehivalsja. It was not clear that, actually,
occurs also that it is necessary to wait now. But it was dangerous to force events. Let all goes as goes.
Spoke about a samizdat. Inertly. Stanislav did not read any samizdat. And if read something, once, that already remembered
nothing. Whether "Soviet Union till one thousand nine hundred eighty fourth will exist?" Is it has been told with interrogative
intonation, and Stanislav, certainly, has taken advantage of this circumstance: "Strannyjvopros... Certainly, will exist!" There
was an amusing hitch. Some time has left on explanations: it is article such, known antiadviser Amalrik, "1984" - the name of
the novel of the English antiadviser - George Oruella has written.
"... No, did not read. Whence? Yes after all it something ancient, correctly?" "Why you have decided, what the ancient?"
"Well, as. Wrote, probably, in sixty fourth..." "Is not present. Here not in it business... I explain to you: there was such
novel..." "And, Oruell... Yes, I heard something. But after all it, speak, at all and not about us it is written. It, speak, about
England?." It dragged vanku, not especially even caring, the major will believe to it or not. He is very tired. And - the most
terrible - to it seemed (last ten minutes) that among the papers scattered on a table, he sees a copy of Amalrikovsky article
which it in the he time has unpacked by the car and has allowed to esteem Mirlinu...
And suddenly the name of Kamanina has sounded. Carelessly. Between times. And absolutely for no reason at all. Stanislav
has mechanically noticed in the answer that is not present, never it met Kamaninym, to read - read with pleasure, and here
personally to meet and it was not possible... Also has suddenly seen eyes of Venjamina Ivanovicha. And the expression
which has amazed it of this round simple-minded scarface on a lip. Something not that has been just told. Or that, but - not
- Stanislav Zinovevich, - has softly spoken Venjamin Ivanovich, forcedly smiling. - well, it what for? - That? You about what?
- As you did not meet Kamaninym, when you allowed to it to read the novel.
- What novel? - He has silly asked, having felt suddenly that here now, only and right now, something has started to occur
rather important. And everything that was till now is a frame, surroundings, scenery, a background...
- Well here. Now - "what novel"... You that so many novels have written? "The happy boy". Or not you it wrote it? - I, - have
told Stanislav, feeling, as again dries up in a mouth. - I wrote, yes. But Kamaninu - did not give.
Venjamin Ivanovich all looked at it as if having faced any full unexpectedness for itself. Or amazed with not which
unexpected guess. Or - still something amazed, something, to the description not giving in.
- Who then this your novel has given to it? - He has asked at last.
- I do not know. Whence to me the nobility? Probably, the editor from "the Red dawn". It was going to give. On a response...
- But has not given? - I thought - have not given. But time you speak...
- And you did not meet Kamaninym? - Never, - Stanislav has told, painfully trying to understand that, devil take it, now here
occurs. At what here Kamanin? And here "the Happy boy"?.
- You, what, and my "Boy" too consider as the anti-Soviet novel? - He has asked straight.